The ambition here is that I will be able to bake at least one item off of Martha Stewart’s Pies and Tarts cookbook each month and post my personal review of the whole process. With only three days left of June, and Fourth of July trotting right along, I decided to follow the blueberry pie recipe this month, but with a bit of a festive twist.
Featured Item #2: Blue Berry Pie
- Difficulty- Fairly easy. I ran into a bit of a hiccup getting the crust to the right consistency at first. The key was to allow it to fully chill and not be to antsy with getting it out.
- Prep Time- Preparing the dough took the longest time because it had to refrigerate for about an hour before using. The filling took just a few minutes to prep.
- Bake Time- 60-75 minutes, plus additional time to cool
- Expense- This depends entirely on the current cost of blueberries. This pie was fairly inexpensive for me since Henry’s Farmer’s Market had a fabulous deal of $1.50/11 oz baskets. I used 4 baskets for this recipe so I only spent $6.00 for ingredients. (I already had the other ingredients at home.)
- Tastiness- Although not my favorite I have made out of this cookbook, it was still pretty delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Overall Rating- 3.5/5