California Sushi Rolls
- 2 nori sheets
- 2 cups prepared sushi rice
- 1 bamboo mat
- 1/2 ripe avocado sliced into 6 long parts
- 4 imitation crab sticks sliced into thirds lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- plastic wrap
- 1/2 peeled and seeded cucumber sliced into long 1/4 inch slices
- Cover entire bamboo mat with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Lay one nori sheet down and slightly wet your hands with either water, or saved vinegar solution from sushi rice, before picking up a small hand of rice.
- Lay about 1/4 inch of rice on top of nori (shiny side down), and leave about a 1/4 inch of an entire long edge without any rice. *The edge without rice will be the top of your prepared nori sheet.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the rice.
- Lay covered bamboo mat and place prepared nori sheet on top with rice side down.
- In the middle of the prepared nori sheet, place enough sliced crab sticks horizontally along the longest length of the prepared nori sheet to cover the entire width.
- Place cucumber slices above crab meat (directly next to crab meat).
- Lay avocado slices on top of crab and cucumber slices.
- Use bamboo mat to carefully roll the bottom of the nori in to the center. When you have reached the end of the nori sheet dab some vinegar solution from your prepared sushi rice along the edge to help seal the roll.
- Use bamboo mat once more to help fully shape and gently tighten your roll.
- With a sharp knife, carefully cut sushi roll into 1/2 inch thick rolls.
- Repeat process with second nori sheet.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink