Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscottis
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (may substitute with table salt)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs and extracts together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly add the egg mixture and beat until dough is formed.
- Pour slivered almonds into bowl and gently mix into dough with your hands.
- Lightly flour a surface and form dough into a log about 13 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Place log on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove log form the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife to cut log into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place slices back on to the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn over slices and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow them them to fully cool.
- Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water.
- Pour chocolate chips and butter into metal bowl.
- Stir frequently until chocolate melts.
- Dip the end of each biscotti into the chocolate and set on parchment paper to allow them to cool.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink