- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 large egg beaten lightly with 1 tablespoon use to brush top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry blander cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture turns to coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and beaten egg to mixture and stir in with a spatula just enough to combine and wet mixture. Mixture will be sticky, a bit lumpy, and moist.
- On a lightly floured surface knead the dough gently just enough to make smooth an bring together. (Do not over flour.)
- Pat dough down with hands to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2 to 3 inch round cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the tops of each biscuit with egg and milk mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink