The one that started it all...
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 11/2 sticks unsalted butter sliced
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 kiwi sliced
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 can of tangerines sliced
- 1/2 can of frozen limeade concentrate thawed
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
*Adapted recipe from Paula Dean.
- Whisk flour and confectioners’ sugar in medium bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour and sugar mixture until mixture binds into a ball.
- Roll out dough and transfer to a 12 inch tart pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Set aside to cool.
- While waiting for tart to cool, prepare instant pudding mix as directed on the box with slightly less milk.
- When crust is cooled, spread a thin layer of pudding into crust. (Optional: Spread a layer of melted chocolate to base of crust prior to adding pudding.)
- Arrange prepared fruit as desired. Be sure to start placing fruits along the edge of the crust first, and work your way into the center
- Create glaze by adding limeade, cornstarch, lime juice, and sugar into a small saucepan and cooking over medium heat for approximately two minutes.
- Let glaze cool, then brush onto the entire tart.
- Serve soon after.