Gingerbread/ Grandma Arnst’s Molasses Cookies
- 4 cups flour sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whisk sifted flour, spices, baking soda and salt in a medium to large bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar until mixture is light.
- Beat in eggs and molasses into sugar mixture.
- With wooden spoon, gradually mix in about 1/2 cup flour to mixture until it stiffens.
- Place in refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.
This entry was posted in Family
. Bookmark the permalink