A warm soul-soothing soup.
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 tofu cubed to small bite sizes
- 3 scallions chopped
- 4 tablespoons miso paste
- seaweed strips
- 1 sea kelp strip
- Heat water in a large pot.
- Place one strip of kelp into water and allow for it to simmer for about 15 minutes, then remove strip.
- Add tofu and seaweed and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. (Do not allow water to boil.)
- Ladle 1C of prepared broth into a small bowl and whisk in miso paste until paste dissolves, then pour miso back into the large pot.
- Add chopped scallions and simmer for 5 more minutes on low heat.