Southwest Chicken Salad
- 1 cilantro bunch
- 1 hearts of romaine lettuce bag
- 1 bag of ready-to-go spinach
- 1/4 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced in chunks
- 2 ears of corn grilled
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chipotle pepper ground powder mild or hot
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup tortilla strip salad toppers
- 1 large avocado diced in chunks
- Prepare marinade by combining chipotle powder, cumin, oil, and water into a ziplock bag. (If too dry add more olive oil as needed.)
- Place chicken in the bag and refrigerate while preparing the mixed greens
- In a large bowl combine romaine lettuce, spinach, and cabbage.
- Chop about 1/4 of cilantro bunch and add to bowl.
- Toss mixed greens together.
- Add red onion and red bell pepper to bowl and toss.
- Mix in black beans and grilled corn (with kernels removed) into bowl.
- Cover bowl and chill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cook on grill.
- Cut breasts into long thin strips and allow chicken to cool.
- Toss in chicken into mixed green bowl.
- Serve salad on plates and top with tortilla chips, avocado, and shredded cheese.
This entry was posted in Food
. Bookmark the permalink