- 1 cup aprx. of rice vinegar (Begin with 2T regular vinegar in 1C measurement and fill remainder 1C with rice vinegar.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups short grain rice
- Thoroughly rinse rice until water runs clear.
- Drain and place in rice cooker with equal parts water. (4 cups)
- Heat vinegar, salt, and sugar in a sauce pan until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Allow vinegar solution to cool.
- Spread out steamed rice in a large flat surfaced bowl (wooden is preferred).
- Slowly pour cooled vinegar solution evenly throughout rice. If you are using rice to make sushi rolls, be sure to save a small quantity to help seal rolls.
- Have a desktop fan blowing directly into bowl as you use a rice spatula to fully integrate rice and vinegar solution. Rice should become shiny and less sticky.
- Use rice immediately.
Two rolls can be made for every cup of rice.